Do moral philosophers work like this:
1. I have a Wish to see a certain form of society.
2. I must now think of a Reason why everybody should
work to create this form of society.
3. Got it!
4. In order to make my Reason compelling, I will now claim
that the Reason pre-dates my Wish.
5. My Wish is now the product of the pre-existing Reason.
6. All persons of Reason will share my Wish and work to
create the form of society designed by my Wish.
None that I know (well, except MAYBE Nietzsche). Why would the moral philosopher have the Wish? If s/he's a philosopher at all, it will be for Reasons. It looks to me more like how a Straw Man works.